Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday Night.... How did you do?

Friday night is date night. I'm an extremely lucky girl. Ever since I had my son, 8 years ago, my husband has hired a sitter for us on Friday night. At first, I used the sitter just to get a break. I went to the grocery store, I went to the bookstore, I went to Target and Old Navy, but now, it's date night!

Tonight we went to see No Country For Old Men. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it but it was absolutely so scary. Not even sure if I enjoyed it -- just racking it up on the, "I saw it, Oscar-list." I jumped the entire movie and then finally decided to hide my face in my husband's chest.

Then, with one hour left on the babysitting clock, off for cocktails and something to eat. It's lent so I did soup and two cocktails -- either a seabreeze, cape-cod, matras, or something -- love the cranberry, grapefruit and vodka combo. Liquid diet for me. I know I didn't stay off the alcohol -- but I only promised from Monday to Thursday. And, I think I stayed low-cal -- soup. Could I possibly be feeling the sodium already?!? Perhaps I'm obsessing, perhaps I need to obsess to get the pounds lost before this cruise. And, in someways, it doesn't matter, I'm happy and I tried to stay on goal tonight. Weigh-in on Monday. Stay tuned.

Arrived home to find that L (our daughter) has possibly left her backback at school, outside for anyone to take. My reaction was to say, "So, we'll wait for Monday and see what happened". Thinking that someone at the school would have seen it and brought it inside. The Saint, otherwise known, as the person who does what Dad do, is currently driving to the school to try and find it.

Happy Friday. Happy countdown.

No comments: